Do you find yourself constantly battling against pesky pests like ants, roaches, and rodents? Have you ever wondered what exactly an exterminator does to eliminate these unwelcome guests from your home or business? Get ready to gain a better understanding of how professional pest control experts can help keep your space bug-free.
What is an Exterminator?
An exterminator is a professional specialising in eliminating pests from homes and businesses. Exterminators use a variety of methods to rid properties of pests, including traps, poison baits, and sprays. Some also offer preventive services to keep pests from returning.
Exterminators typically specialise in certain types of pests, such as bed bugs, rodents, and cockroaches. Some exterminators may even focus on specific species of pests. However, exterminators are often licensed by the state and must abide by regulations regarding the use of pesticides.
Types of Pests and Infestations Exterminators Handle
There are many different types of pests and infestations, so there are many different types of extermination. Here are some of the most common types of pests and infestations that exterminators handle:
- Ants: Ants are one of the most common household pests and can be very difficult to get rid of, but an experienced exterminator will know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
- Bedbugs: Bedbugs are small insects that feed on human blood. They can be very difficult to eliminate, but an experienced exterminator will know how to eliminate them quickly and effectively.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are one of the most common household pests. They can be very difficult to get rid of, but an experienced exterminator will know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
- Fleas: Fleas are small insects that live on animals, including humans. They can be very difficult to get rid of, but an experienced exterminator will know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
- Mice: Mice are one of the most common household pests. They can be very difficult to get rid of, but an experienced exterminator will know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
- Spiders: Spiders can be a nuisance, but an experienced exterminator will know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
Benefits of Hiring an Exterminator
An exterminator can provide many benefits to a home or business owner. They can help eliminate pests that are causing problems and prevent pests from returning in the future. Exterminators can also help to protect your property from damage that pests can cause.
- Professional Assessment: An exterminator can fully assess your home or business to determine what type of pest infestation you are dealing with and how best to address it. They can assess the extent of the problem and give you advice on what steps to take to get rid of the pests.
- Safer Solutions: An exterminator will use safer methods than DIY solutions, such as chemical treatments or traps that are designed specifically for the type of pest that needs to be eliminated. These methods are far less likely to cause harm to your family, pets, or property than some DIY solutions.
- Long-Term Prevention: An exterminator can help set up long-term prevention methods, such as eliminating food sources, sealing off entry points, and using baits and traps. This will help keep the pests away in the future so that you don’t have to worry about them returning soon.
- Expertise: Exterminators are experts in their field and know exactly what products and techniques to use for different types of pests to eliminate them quickly and effectively. They also have experience dealing with different types of infestations, so they know how best to address the problem.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Exterminator
An exterminator’s job is to rid homes and businesses of unwanted pests. This can include anything from ants and roaches to rodents and wildlife. To do this, they will use various methods, including baits, traps, and chemicals. They may also need to seal up cracks and crevices to prevent new pests from getting in.
- Diagnosing pest infestations and developing treatment plans.
- Applying pesticides, insecticides, and other treatments.
- Carrying out structural repairs to prevent pests from entering a building.
- Monitoring and maintaining traps to capture animals and insects.
- Cleaning contaminated areas to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- Keeping accurate records of treatments and results.
- Keeping up with safety regulations governing the use of pesticides and other chemicals.
Common Methods Used by Exterminators to Control Pests
Exterminators commonly use various methods to control pests. These methods may include using chemicals, traps, and other devices.
One common method that exterminators use is the application of chemicals. This may be in the form of liquids, powders, or gels. These chemicals are designed to kill or repel pests. Exterminators may also use baits and lures to attract pests into traps. Another common method used by exterminators is physical removal. This may involve using a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove pests from an area.
In addition, exterminators may use mechanical devices such as ultrasonic sound waves to repel pests. This method relies on producing high-frequency sounds that are unpleasant for certain pests. Exterminators may also use insect growth regulators and pheromone traps to disrupt the life cycle of some insect species. Finally, some exterminators may also use natural or organic methods to control pests. These methods may include using beneficial insects that prey on particular pest species or using natural repellents such as garlic or peppermint oil.
Warning Signs of a Potential Infestation
If you have an infestation, it is important to be able to identify the warning signs. Some common warning signs of a potential infestation include:
- Seeing live insects or spiders in your home
- Finding dead insects or spiders in your home
- Noticing bites or stings from insects or spiders
- Seeing the damage to clothing, furniture, or other items in your home
- Hearing sounds coming from walls, ceilings, or other hidden areas in your home.
If you notice any of these warning signs in your home, it is important to contact a professional exterminator as soon as possible. In addition, they will be able to properly assess the situation and determine the best course of action to take.
How to Prepare for an Extermination Visit
Preparing for an extermination visit is important to ensure the success of the treatment. Here are some tips on how to prepare:
- Clear out all clutter from the areas to be treated. This includes clothes, shoes, toys, etc.
- Move furniture away from the walls so the exterminator can treat the room’s perimeter.
- Cover any food items or open containers.
- Remove pet food and water bowls.
- Make sure that there is no food or garbage left out. Extermination treatments are often more successful in clean environments.
Tips to Prevent Future Infestations
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. This will make it more difficult for pests to find places to hide and nest.
- Store food in sealed containers and dispose of garbage regularly. This will prevent attractants from drawing pests into your home in search of a meal.
- Repair any cracks or holes in your home’s exterior. This will help keep pests from gaining access inside.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your home’s foundation. This will deny pests easy access to the interior of your dwelling.
- Consider investing in regular pest control treatments from a professional exterminator. This will create a barrier around your home that will deter pests from entering and help to eliminate any that are already present.
In conclusion, exterminators are essential for dealing with pests in a safe and effective manner. With our guide, you can understand what an exterminator does to ensure that your property is free from unwanted pests. From assessing the infestation level to deciding on appropriate pest control methods, understanding how an exterminator works will help you ensure that your property remains protected from any potential hazards caused by pests.
Contact The 99 People for your pest control needs
Have pests bugged you lately? Fret not, as we have got the solution to your problem! Contact the 99 People, your leading local exterminators – we can handle all your pest control needs. From ants to bed bugs, we have a solution that works.
Give us a call today; you won’t regret it!